We are excited about this project… our clinic has a keen interest in injury prevention and health promotion through community sports activities. With this in mind and over 2015-2016, we have proposed to offer a free $60 Sport-Specific Therapy First Aid kit to every competitive team and club with a plan to reach every sport organization in Cornwall and surrounding area. We plan to donate 200-300 therapy kits throughout the community and since July 2015, we have donated over 80 therapy kits, reaching a community donation of $12,000-$18,000.
At this point, we have reached:
- Cornwall and Akwesasne Lacrosse Associations (18 kits)
- Studio C and Holy Trinity Dance Studios (2)
- Patenaude Martial Art dojo (1)
- Cornwall Basketball Association (12)
- Ontario Hockey Academy (7)
- Tagwi Secondary School teams (5 kits)
- École secondaire La Citadelle (4 kits)
- Champs Boxing (1)
- Cornwall Kinsmen Softball (5 kits)
- Blazer and Coyotes Soccer Associations (35 kits)
...and much more to come!!
Each kit contains a concussion list Scat3, pre-game checklist, athlete medical information form and 5 different medical bags.
U12 Boys Cornwall Blazers Soccer
First Touch Soccer Training
Cornwall Kinsmen Softball
Seaway Academy of Martial Arts